Header Ads

Adbox

JUST LIKE ESTHER - Alexsa (PART 2)


Sister! sister!!
wait, listen,
I want to talk to you.
It won't take a minute.
I can relate,
Life is tough, and it seems to frustrate,
but wait and listen, just like Esther.

I heard you asking God, why?
Why put all the effort yet nothing?
You said, I believed and trusted you from
Childhood, Just like Esther.

I have fasted, I have prayed...
I serve, I win souls for you.
I give as I can.
I do my best. Yet nothing.
Just like Esther.

To you, I have lost friends and family
Now, I live a new life, with a new family
Am told am in captivity, just like Esther.

I am mocked by friends and family...
I refused to touch that which you for bit.
To you I cling, waiting and hoping, just like Esther

As a child in Shushan, she was taken captive
As a child, an orphaned child in shushan
she lived, looking up to uncle Mordecai
An old loving, fatherly Mordecai

A Jewess, born to be hated by the world
Mother dies, father dies, brother, sister dies
Life is so bitter, I wish to die, she says.

But silently, a whisper...
Wait in hope, help is coming, Esther.

In the heathen land of Shushan
An edict is sounded
Every fair Virgin, to the palace
The King needs a Queen.

And Esther, a captive Jewess
A fair princess, an orphaned child, yet a Virgin
To the palace she is brought.

In the midst of strange maidens,
Knowingly going about
Coached by mothers on what to do
But Esther, an orphaned girl, had no coaching

In a corner, she sits and weep
Asking, who will coach me?
What is you name? Asked Hegai the Eunuch.
Hadiza, she says.
From today, you shall be called Esther

And so, again she lost something
Her precious name
Her identity.
And so, she died to Hadiza
But lives in Esther.

From today, this is who you are, said Hegai
I will be your coach.
Careful now Esther, the competition is stiff
Out of all, only one shall the King be pleased
To whom the King please he picks
The rest, to the harem they all go
And no man again touch,
for the king has touched and rejected

Esther looks sad, again? She asked.
What then will life be? Living for nothing?
No name, no family, no race
But silently... a Whisper
Wait in hope Esther, Help is coming.

And Esther began a journey of uncertainty
365 days of beautification
Scrubbing, submerged in oils and spices
And a gentle whisper, "be submerged in me"
For I am your hope, your comforter
The ever present help in times of trouble.
Be submerged.

To be cont

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.